Jules S. Henshell
Jules S. Henshell has significant experience in government affairs, having served as Regional Counsel to the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare and a Senior Deputy Attorney General in the Special Litigation Section of the Pennsylvania Office of the Attorney General. He serves as Solicitor to a regional county managed-care behavioral health program. For many years, he has served as Counsel to one of the largest national class action settlement trusts.
Mr. Henshell maintains an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale Hubbell and is listed in their Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers. He graduated, cum laude, from Dickinson College and from Pennsylvania State University's Dickinson School of Law. He is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania; the Federal District Courts for the Middle and Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania; and the United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit.
His representative matters include:
- Representation of National Class Action Settlement Trust in federal court and on appeals to the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Representation of a county Medicaid managed care behavioral health program.
- Negotiated dispute resolution with pharmaceutical company on behalf of skilled nursing home provider.
- Contract negotiations with the Pennsylvania State Department of Human Services.
- Negotiated amendments to subcontracts for behavioral health managed care program.
- Advised and assisted behavioral health program in responding to HIPAA data breach.
- Advised county government on Right-to-Know requests.
- Negotiated physician employment agreements.
- Represented physicians and negotiated settlements with health system arising from physician peer review.
- Negotiated separation agreements on behalf of physicians.
- Negotiated the sale of medical practice, asset purchase agreement, wind-up of medical practice and subsequent employment agreements related to sale.
- Advised physicians on compliance matters relating to the sale and acquisition of medical practice.
- Advised medical practices concerning compliance with the Open Notes Rule regarding patient access to records.
- Health Information Privacy & Security Update
- Limiting risk under the ACA: Staffing firms and their clients- Who is the employer?
Smart Business Magazine, July, 2015
- Health care risk: Do HIPAA privacy laws apply to your business?
Smart Business Magazine, February 2014
- Examining the PPACA: Common legal questions about the Affordable Care Act from employers
Smart Business Magazine, January 2013
- Guardianship for Long-Term Care Providers, 4th Annual Long-Term Care Seminar of the Metropolitan Philadelphia Chapter of Healthcare Financial Management Association: North Wales, PA
June 26, 2014