Stephen C. Goldblum
Stephen C. Goldblum provides legal support and guidance on a broad range of employment- related issues to national, regional and local businesses, with extensive direct client contact including general counsel, management and human resources personnel. His practice focuses on providing guidance on legal compliance; hiring and termination decisions; internal investigations; training management, human resources and employees on a wide variety of employment issues; drafting and implementing employment policies and procedures; employee counseling; and reasonable accommodation requests.
Steve also oversees all aspects of multiple employment defense and commercial litigation matters. He routinely appears in federal and state courts and agencies across the country for trials, hearings, arbitrations, preliminary injunction hearings, settlement conferences and mediations, and is familiar with all relevant federal and state laws, regulations and procedures necessary for the successful management of employment and litigation matters.
Steve graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a B.A. in Business and a B.A. in Communications and received his law degree from Villanova University School of Law in 1999, cum laude. After law school, he joined the firm's employment group in 1999.
In addition to his legal practice, Steve is involved in a variety of community activities in central Bucks County, where he resides with his family, including as a member of the Chalfont Borough Zoning Hearing Board and President of the Chalfont New Britain Business Alliance.
- Overtime rules: What the DOL’s new overtime regulations mean for your business
Smart Business Magazine: April 2019
- “Epic” decision for employers: The Supreme Court makes a significant ruling in favor of employers
Smart Business Magazine, July 2018
- Watching the clock: How to protect your business against wage and hour lawsuits
Smart Business Magazine: April, 2017
- Criminal background checks: How an applicant’s past can haunt you
Smart Business Magazine: April, 2016
- Misclassified information- How to avoid the hazards of misclassifying workers
Smart Business Magazine, April 2015
- Social responsibility-How to manage the benefits and risks of social media in the workplace
Smart Business Magazine, July 2014
- Preference payments-How you might have to return a payment to a company that files for bankruptcy
Smart Business Magazine, April 2013
- AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT AND WRONGFUL DISCHARGE IN PENNSYLVANIA
Michael J. Torchia, ESQ. and Stephen C. Goldblum, ESQ.