Jeffrey G. DiAmico
Jeffrey G. DiAmico concentrates his practice in business/corporate law and real estate law. Often serving as "outside" general counsel to his business clients, he advises on general business planning and counseling, transactions, contracts and commercial litigation; with extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, business formation and succession planning. His real estate practice includes commercial, industrial and retail real estate purchases, sales, leases and tax assessment appeals, community association law, and real estate litigation.
Mr. DiAmico serves small, closely held, and mid-sized local and regional businesses and their owners on various issues; including, drafting and analyzing commercial real estate lease agreements (and litigating disputes which arise from same), corporate asset and stock purchase transactions and shareholder agreements, commercial and industrial purchase and sale agreements, and advising clients on general business and litigation matters.
He represents local and regional REITS, shopping center owners and various commercial and industrial property owners. Through these representations, he frequently assists his clients with understanding and utilizing "Confession of Judgment" provisions contained in loan documents and commercial lease agreements. By virtue of his experience in this area, he also routinely represents borrowers, guarantors and commercial tenants in defending against confessed judgments.
Prior to joining Semanoff Ormsby Greenberg & Torchia, LLC, Mr. DiAmico was a partner at a prestigious New Jersey and Pennsylvania based law firm. He graduated from The Pennsylvania State University in 1994, receiving his B.S. in Administration of Justice, and a minor in Business Administration. He graduated cum laude from the New England School of Law, Boston in 1999, where he was managing editor of The New England International and Comparative Law Annual, a founding member of the NESL Business Law Center and a recipient of the New England Scholar Award.
Mr. DiAmico has been recognized as a 2020 Super Lawyer® in the area of business/corporate law. Only 5% of attorneys that are nominated, are selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers®.
He is actively involved in both the Bucks County Bar Association, where he serves as Chair of the Business Law Section, and the Pennsylvania Bar Association, serving on the Civility in the Profession Committee. He resides in Bucks County with his wife and three children and enjoys coaching both his son's and daughter's soccer teams, fly-fishing and skiing.
- Chair, Business Law Section, Bucks County Bar Association (2009-Present)
- Member, Board of Directors, Bucks County Bar Association (Present; 2008 – 2012)
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers (2020) (2021)
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Stars (2012)
- Chair, Unauthorized Practice of Law, Bucks County Bar Association (2010-2019)
- Member, Zoning Hearing Board of Warwick Township, Bucks County, PA (2009-2016)
- Mentor to Young Lawyers, Bucks County Bar Association (2010-2012)
- Member, Leadership Advancement Program, Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce (2010-2011)
Presentations & Publications
- Property value appeals: Challenging your Notice of Valuation to decrease your tax burden
Smart Business, July 2020
- LLC, partnership audit primer: How to navigate the new IRS audit rules of LLCs, joint ventures and partnerships
Smart Business Magazine, June 2018
- Presenter, “Who is Your Client? Ethical Issues for Corporate Council”;
2nd Annual Bucks County Business Law Institute, May 2018
- Presenter, “Board of Directors’ Meetings – Do You Run Them or Do They Run You”; Bucks County Bar Association, September 2017.
- Course Planner for Bucks County Bar Association’s Annual Business Law Institute, 2017-2021
- PBI Course Planner, Taking the High Road: Pursuing Civility and Professionalism In and Out of the Courtroom 2021 – Webcast 4/20/2021
- Presenter, “Rules of Order for Association Meetings”, Pennsylvania and Delaware Valley Chapter – Community Associations Institute, 2016
- Presenter, “Board Member Boot Camp – You’re on the Board: Now What?”, Pennsylvania and Delaware Valley Chapter – Community Associations Institute
- Lecturer, “Collections from Start to Finish – Collecting Unpaid Fees and Assessments for Community Associations”, Pennsylvania and Delaware Valley Chapter – Community Associations Institute
- Lecturer, “Bankruptcy for Business Lawyers – Representing Creditors in Bankruptcy”, Bucks County Bar Association
- Author, “Pennsylvania Realty Transfer Tax Update: Amended Regulations Could Result in a Double Tax on Assignments of Purchase Agreements and Like-Kind Exchanges.”
- Author, “Building Owner Landlord May Be Liable For Injuries Sustained in Parking Lot of Leased Premises.”